SunSmart Primary Schools
The National SunSmart Schools Program aims to reduce harmful exposure to UV radiation of students and staff by promoting awareness around sun protection, skin damage and skin cancer risks and encouraging development of effective policies on shade and sun protection measures at education facilities.
SunSmart status is awarded to registered primary schools and early learning centres across the ACT who have committed to implementing a school sun protection policy. Schools who are awarded SunSmart status receive:
- An outdoor We are SunSmart sign to display at your school
- Automatic subscription to the SunSmart Schools E-News
- Special offers and promotions during the year
- Support with your policy development
- Access to free resources and posters
- Access to a free events package to support SunSmart behaviours at your next event
- A 20% discount code on Cancer Council sunscreen for your school
- Access to free professional learning opportunities
Apply for the SunSmart School Program today!
Complete your 3 year SunSmart Review
SunSmart Professional Learning
Generation SunSmart provides free online Professional Learning to educators from early childhood, primary or secondary schools around skin cancer prevention. It covers how to incorporate sensible sun protection strategies and activities into your school setting and is recognised as a TQI Teacher Identified Activity.
SunSmart Masterclasses are available free to members of the SunSmart Schools Program every 2 years. These one-hour sessions are delivered by Cancer Council ACT to your education team either onsite or virtually.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us.