A mindfulness based group for people who have been given a diagnosis of cancer and who have had or are receiving treatment and family carers.
Living with cancer is a stressful time involving a range of emotional, social and psychological reactions as well as physical changes. The Cancer Counselling Service offers you a free mindfulness based skills group program that will enable you to:
- Learn about mindfulness and its benefits
- Find out about ways to manage your stress, difficult thoughts and emotions
- Care for yourself when you are feeling vulnerable, uncertain and worried
- Develop ways to manage the changes to your health, body image, relationships and life values
- Discover ways to rejuvenate and energise yourself
- Learn something new about how to look after yourself
- Have the opportunity to practice some mindfulness exercises
- Share your experiences with others who are in a similar situation
It is weekly a drop-in group that you can come along to when you can and as you need. Mindfulness helps gently bring mind and body together
If you are interested in finding out more please contact the Cancer Counselling Service on 6205 1449 and leave your name and number and one of our experienced group facilitators will contact you, OR email us at CancerCounselling@act.gov.au
Date: Each Wednesday, starting 16 August 2017
Time: 9:30am to 11:00am
Location: Belconnen Community Health Centre, 56 Lathlain St Belconnen, Ground Floor (Level 1). Three hour parking available in the basement of the health centre.